Western Colorado Pediatric Associates (WCPA) - Pediatricians in Grand Junction and Fruita, CO
Western Colorado Pediatric Associates
Updated Health Care Precautions
All of our services are now available to you including primary health care, physical therapy, diagnostics, dietitian services, and after hour’s appointments.
We understand your continued concerns with COVID-19 and exposure risks. We also want to assure you that we, as your health care providers, want to continue to assist you in managing your long term health care needs which may have been delayed in recent weeks. As we transition into the “Safer at Home” phase of pandemic precautions, we encourage all patients to schedule routine visits to avoid neglecting any health conditions. We offer in-person and Telehealth services. Please call us to make an appointment today to determine which type of visit may be most appropriate for you.
The Safety of Our Patients and Staff is our Top Priority
All of our staff who come into contact with patients wear masks (and other recommended personal protective equipment if necessary).
Other recommendations we follow to keep our patients safe include:
- Employ strict hygiene guidelines and sanitization procedures for all contact surfaces and tools
- We practice a minimum of 6 feet of separation when not directly performing service
- Make accommodations for high-risk individuals or immunocompromised patients
- Monitor all our employees daily by checking for a fever greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Conduct a symptoms check on everyone before they enter our offices, including proper screening questions
- Continue to conduct TeleHealth appointments when appropriate
- Provide service by appointment only (no walk-ins or waiting)
- Offer drive-up services including diabetic A1c checks, blood pressure checks, immunizations, and INR checks
- Employ practices to keep any respiratory patients separated from all other patients. We have designated waiting areas for respiratory symptom patients and non-respiratory patients
Things you can do to improve your safety while coming in for your appointments:
- Call our office to make an appointment prior to arriving for same-day services
- Limit the use of elevators as much as possible. If elevators need to be used:
- Avoid pushing buttons with bare hands (preferably, use elbows to push buttons)
- Elevators should only be shared with family members and/or those in similar close relationships
- Otherwise, only one person on the elevator at a time
- Maintain physical distancing (six feet) in waiting areas
- Wear face coverings or masks while in our offices
- Avoid touching your face until you can wash your hands properly
- Limit the number of family members attending an appointment
You can visit the Mesa County website for all the “Safer at Home” recommendations here.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time!
Primary Care Partners Providers and Staff
456 Kokopelli Blvd,
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
3150 North 12th Street / PO Box 10700,
Grand Junction, Colorado
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
Fast Track has been suspended. Please call ahead for all appointments.
Normally Fast Track is defined as:
Walk-in visits for established patients with minor illnesses, at Grand Junction location only. Ask staff for more info. (Winter time only)
Call Options • 970-243-5437
Western Colorado Pediatric Associates has updated their phone tree. Here are the new options:
Option 1 – Scheduling needs or to speak to a nurse
Option 2 – Spanish/Español
Option 3 – Referrals and Prior Authorizations
Option 4 – Care Coordinators
Option 5 – Medical Records
Option 6 – Prescription Refills
Please remember, you can use pcpgj.followmyhealth.com to send messages to your provider or make appointments.
Phone advice by from trained medical staff 24/7
On call Pediatrician available 24/7
To contact us, call 970-243-5437 or fax 970-243-7792
* After hours charges apply
Reminder to please call for any new appointments as there is a modified check-in process at the Grand Junction office. Also the Fast Track will be suspended until further notice. Make sure everyone in the family is washing or sanitizing their hands often. Make a hand washing routine with your favorite songs. Please call with any questions or concerns. You can also send a portal message to your provider. We are here and ready to help.
Looking for a new pediatric provider? Know a new family in town or have a friend that is expecting? Dr. Chelsey Bovenschen and Lauren Murphy PNP are accepting new patients. Dr. Chelsey is seeing patients at the Grand Junction office. Lauren is currently seeing patients in both Grand Junction and Fruita.
For Prenatal and Postpartum Mood Concerns The Mood Spa offers resources and support for women with prenatal and postpartum mood concerns, providing a place of understanding and encouragement for when Motherhood doesn’t feel like you thought it would. Nearly 1 in 5 women struggle with mood or anxiety issues during pregnancy and after delivery. The Mood Spa offers a wide range of therapeutic resources to support women during the early stages of motherhood. Every week the Mood Spa offers support groups and education on coping skills and therapies to help adjust to life with a new baby. Most importantly, the Mood Spa wants to let you know that what you’re experiencing is normal and that you’re not alone.The Mood Spa is a joint program from Western Colorado Pediatric Associates and Hilltop’s Family Resource Center. For more information, call (970) 243-0190.Mood Spa sessions are held on Tuesdays from 12:15 to 1:15 PM at the Hilltop Family Resource Center, 1129 Colorado Avenue, near downtown Grand Junction. Check the event on Western Colorado Pediatric Associates Facebook page for updates.
The Parent Resource Program For Parents: Do you ever feel stressed out or overwhelmed? When: Every Tuesday, 6:00—7:30 PM Where: Garden Level of Primary Care Partners Building 3150 N. 12th Street, Grand Junction, CO Who: All Parents There is no charge for the program. Seating is limited; RSVP 640-7181 or 254-2549
Western Colorado Pediatric Associates welcomes a new pediatrician to their practice. Cecilia Weaver, MD is now practicing in Grand Junction, Colorado. Dr. Weaver has been a practicing pediatrician since 2016. She previously practiced at Northeast Community Clinics, at California Hospital in Los Angeles, California and at Community Health Alliance of Pasadena in Pasadena, California. She completed her residency at LAC+USC Pediatrics Residency Program Los Angeles, California and went to Medical School at University of Massachusetts Medical School. Dr. Weaver is now accepting new patients and is also bilingual.